23 Oct 2013

I LOVE PUMPKIN

Already the color inspires me: it is so lively, so sunny....It makes me forget a little bit that the summer is over...

Pumpkin is so versatile. You can make all sorts of cake, bread, risotto, puree, pasta and gnocchi, just to mention a few examples.

Pumpkin is one of the very low-calorie vegetables and contains no saturated fats or cholesterol. This is why it is highly recommended by dietitians and nutritionists. 100 g provides just about 26 calories.

From the bright orange color you can recognize that pumpkin is a great source of beta-carotene, an important antioxidant which is converted into vitamin A in the body.

This is what I did yesterday. So yummy!






1 comment:

  1. These look wonderful and I'm sure are delicious!
    from Nancy

    ReplyDelete